Los Angeles, California – In the weeks since President-Elect Barack Obama’s historic victory, the most pressing question on everybody’s mind is the most surprising of all: who’s going to be the presidential puppy? During his eloquent speech on Election Night, in which he declared that “change has come to America,” Obama promised his two young daughters, Malia and Sasha, a puppy when they move into the White House, carrying on a long tradition of famous Presidential Pets. But who is the right pet for America’s New First Family?
Behold, the candidate for today’s America: Yoyo the Puli for Presidential Puppy!
Yoyo is a native of New Orleans, where she survived Hurricane Katrina, and she is a rescue dog, which would show the Obamas’ support of shelters throughout the country. She is hypoallergenic, which is a necessity because of Malia’s allergies. This housetrained, well-groomed four-year-old Puli is energetic, friendly, and very diplomatic, just in case Vladimir Putin brings his Russian wolfhound over for a run!
Yoyo’s Puli Party Platform:
Yoyo calls for Americans to help make the change that’s necessary in our nation’s overcrowded shelters and help her work toward a future where no more pets have to be euthanized. She hopes to put rescue and shelter dogs into all American homes. Her personal motto is “No More Drama,” and she encourages dogs everywhere to unite and put conflict behind them, volunteer in their communities, avoid chewing on furniture, and remember that their similarities (four legs, cute noses, tails) are far greater than their differences.
Other “pet projects” for Yoyo include:
- Support American Humane - Put your canine in a cool, American Apparel ‘White House PAWtential’ doggie t-shirt with proceeds going to this worthwhile organization. www.alphadogpr.com
- Stay Cool Under Fire – Just like the canine heroes she admires who volunteer for Search & Rescue Missions, Yoyo promises all dogs will be kept cool in the summer and warm in the winter. She suggests owners visit www.Chillybuddy.com and check out the latest vests like the special edition red, white and blue one she’s wearing to announce her candidacy.
- Green Toys for All – Pets of all shades should demand toys and playthings made from non-toxic materials, produced by environmentally responsible companies, such as Simply Fido’s Organic Pet Toy Collection, which manufactures all of its toys right here in the United States. www.simplyfido.com
- Eat Organic – Just like their owners, dogs and cats love their organic food! Organic pet foods, like Kruncheros Fine Pet Dining, are simply healthier and tastier, and the choice of the discerning pet palate. Kruncheros offers a sophisticated line of freeze-dried raw food that comes in four delicious flavors: Chicken Pot Py, Beef Wellington, Chicken Fiesta, and Spaghetti & Meatballs. www.doctorsfinest.com
- A Good Night’s Sleep – With a country in crisis, it’s important to a good night’s sleep. This helps us, both humans and pets, be the best version of ourselves: productive, friendly, and happy. This is only possible with a comfortable bed, such as those made by Urban Bone Dog Beds, which produces handmade canine and kitty beds that are comfortable, decorative, and durable. www.urbanbone.com
- Stay Healthy – Our health, and that of our pets, is of utmost importance, and an important aspect of any health regimen is proper nutrition. Recommended by top pet nutritionists, Vetraceuticals is an easy-to-use supplement that helps pet immune systems, ensuring a long healthy life. www.vetranutrition.com
- Support the Arts - A vibrant culture of arts is essential to a successful civilization and, under a Yoyo pet-ministration, all pooches will be encouraged to express themselves. American Artist Aimée Hoover will help. Her one-of-a-kind, custom pet portraits already hang in the homes of animal lovers across the country and now, she will be painting our Nation’s First Dog hopeful. Her work has been featured in numerous publications including Bark Magazine, Modern Dog, and Australia’s Urban Animal, in which she was recognized internationally as one of ten pet portrait artists from around the world. www.aimeehoover.com
- Support Your Party - Seeing the light side of any situation is an important aspect of being a pet, especially a presidential hopeful, and Yoyo finds all her fun accessories at Charming Pet Products. Whenever she has to address her public, Yoyo sports the company’s famous Original Party Collar in a red, white and blue patriotic design for all-American canines! This Party-Collar consists of fancy chiffon ribbons finished with stars connected on a covered elastic band that fits around a patriotic pooches’ neck. Yoyo says Charming’s Patriotic Party Collar is the perfect accessory for the new First Dog in the White House! Woof! www.charmingpetproducts.com
- Dress Fabulous, Be Fabulous - A lover of stylish clothes and dramatic fashion statements, Yoyo knows pets must look good to succeed. She finds her pet fashion at Total Diva Pets, whose fashionable wigs for fashionable dogs were a giant hit on the runways of Pet Fashion Week in New York and Tokyo. Dogs everywhere will want to look just like Yoyo by wearing the Afro style. www.totaldivapets.com
- Be Prepared - Following the Boy Scouts’ solemn creed, Yoyo keeps herself safe by bucking up while in the car with her own seat belt from www.handicappedpets.com. She does this not only to protect herself, but also for the driver and passengers in the vehicle. Unrestrained pets can cause serious harm to your beloved four-legged family member or to other passengers if the pets are launched during a crash.
Think not what your dog can do for you, think what you can do for your dog!